Earth Probiotic is committed to reducing its environmental impact and puts environmental performance at the centre of its operating process. It is our priority to encourage our staff, customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same.
Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations. Our policy is to wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice in the following ways:
Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as possible by:
- Use repurposed paper for printing of documents and only use new paper when absolutely necessary. We ensure we keep all documents digitally where possible to eliminate the need to print.
- At a minimum, only use FSC Certified paper.
- Reducing waste going to landfill by implementing a total organic and dry waste recycling programme.
Minimise non-renewable resources by:
- Turn off energy using appliances and technology when not necessary or not in use.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs.
- Recycle clean water from our kitchen to water indoor plants.
- Operate and maintain company vehicle (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Plan our delivery routes and logistics to ensure we are on the road only as needed and use as little fuel as possible.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
Purchase environmentally friendly products and services.
- Our micro-organism technology recycling solutions are indigenous, 100% natural, non GMO and biodegradable.
- Our retail products are manufactured from recycled materials and are themselves recyclable.
- We assess the environmental impact at the first stage in our product design process.
Use environmentally friendly alternative products where possible by:
- Using natural, biodegradable cleaning products.
- Installing owl boxes as an alternative to using toxic rodent poisons.
- Eliminating all synthetic and toxic chemicals from our kitchen, garden and vegetable growing activities.
- Composting all organic materials - including food waste - and encouraging our colleagues do to the same.
- Advocate for bee rescue by linking companies to environmentally sound bee keepers and assisting in the installation of bee hives where possible.
Support South African manufacturing and small businesses.
- The products we source are from South African manufactures and are produced as sustainability as possible.
- Outsourcing manufacturing to small businesses where possible to build employment and maintain and grow the South African skill base.
- Sourcing locally helps reduce the carbon footprint of our products.